Monday 2/19/18 class will end at 2:40 so Dr. Salsbury can prepare for a panel in the same room.
1) Read Ch 5.1-5.4 in your classical mechanics text, and review The Mathematics Companion section 2.3 on Vector Analysis for class on Monday 2/19/18
3) Homework #6 is due 2/28/18 4pm in Eli Alipour's mailbox in Olin 100. It is:
A) Problems 4.13, 4.14, 5.3, 5.6b and 5.13 from your classical mechanics textbook
- Note that the M matrix in 14a has a typo. Figure out what the typo is.
- You are welcome to solve 14b computationally, but not the rest of the assignment. You can google how to diagonalize matrices in matlab.
- Do 5.6b, and 5.13 using the levi-civita symbol, aka anti-symmetric symbol aka alternating symbol. Any other solutions will be counted wrong.
B) The computational problem assigned in class on 02/23/18.
4) We have a departmental webpage with links to suggested math videos for review. I encourage you to review the ones on Cross products, Line integrals and Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.