1) Read Chapter 2 in your Classical Mechanics text for class on Wednesday.
2) Review material in the Mathematics Companion. This week, we will use material from 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.9.
3) Watch and work through in matlab our video on Leapfrog integration.
4) Homework #2 is due 1/25/17 4pm in Jiajie Xiao's mailbox in Olin 100. It is:
A) Problems 1.8, 1.9, 2.5, 2.6, 2.8 from your text
- 2.8 should be considerably more difficult than the other problems.
- Hint: this integral table might be of use.
B) Using the leapfrog and Euler-Cromers integrators, redo the computational problems from HW #1 and comment on the differences between Euler, Euler-Cromers and Leapfrog in terms of the steps needed.